Join YNPN Birmingham on Saturday, September 24th for a new one-day training about how to create effective strategies to organize and advocate for change about the issues you care about in your community.
Training topics include:
- Methods of creating change and how they work together
- What nonprofits can and can’t do as advocates
- Understanding ourselves and our community through power and privilege
- Importance of relationship-building and one-on-ones
- Defining your target, strategy, and tactics
- Advocating at the level of the State House or Birmingham City
- A simulation for you to practice implementing these skills!
Check out the awesome trainers we have lined up to share their knowledge and experience!
Registration is $20 for AmeriCorps/Students, $40 for paid YNPN members, and $60 for future members. It includes a light breakfast and lunch. Space is limited and participants must complete a registration form in addition to their online payment. This training is open to anyone interested in learning more about community organizing.
Breakfast and sign-in begin at 8:30. Training begins at 9:00. Join us for a social after the training at Parkside Cafe to continue the conversation!
3600 8th Ave S
Birmingham , AL 35222
Google map and directions