Make a difference in Birmingham's nonprofit sector! Grow your leadership and strengthen the leadership of other young nonprofit professionals!
YNPN is looking for new board members who reflect the diversity, skill sets, and causes of Birmingham's nonprofit sector and community. As a board member, you will have the opportunity to learn about being on a board, governing a new 501(c)3, fund raising, budgeting, event planning, marketing, and more! You will also extend your network among other young professionals and Birmingham's nonprofit leaders.
What you need to know:
- New board members will be elected to a two-year term and must be a dues-paying YNPN member
- The Board meets every six weeks and board members also chair or volunteer on a committee and attend YNPN events whenever possible.
- The board is a working board as YNPN Birmingham does not have staff. The monthly time commitment ranges from six to ten hours per month depending on one's role on the board.
- Board members will be asked to sign a commitment form and conflict of interest policy and make a financial pledge.
- It is not a requirement that all board members work for a nonprofit organization but an individual's work or volunteer experience should demonstrate commitment to the nonprofit sector.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.