Make a difference in Birmingham's nonprofit sector! Grow your leadership and strengthen the leadership of other young nonprofit professionals!
YNPN is looking for new board members who reflect the diversity, skill sets, and causes of Birmingham's nonprofit sector and community. As a board member, you will have the opportunity to learn about being on a board, governing a new 501(c)3, fund raising, budgeting, event planning, marketing, and more! You will also extend your network among other young professionals and Birmingham's nonprofit leaders.
What you need to know:
- New board members will be elected to a two-year term and must be dues-paying YNPN members
- The board has regular meetings and members often chair or volunteer on a committee and attend YNPN events whenever possible.
- The board is a working board as YNPN Birmingham does not have staff. The monthly time commitment varies depending on one's role on the board.
- Board members will be asked to sign a commitment form and conflict of interest policy as well as make a financial pledge.
- It is not a requirement that all board members work for a nonprofit organization but an individual's work or volunteer experience should demonstrate commitment to the nonprofit sector.
Ready to apply? Send a brief explanation about 1. why you want to join the Board and 2. what skills and experience you will bring to the Board with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be considered for an officer role, please include an additional paragraph about why you are the right person for that position. Open positions are: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. If you would like to discuss these opportunities before applying, please email Alexa Hayes (current President) to set up a time to chat.
Requests to join the Board must be received by March 1, 2019. Finalists will be approved by the Board on March 13, 2019.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.